Thursday, September 9, 2010

FRIENDS

We had a spontaneous  outing with our good friends, Debbie and Bill, who live in Page, AZ .
They decided to take their boat out on the lake.   Lake Powell.  
So we went the store,  got some quick snacks and off we went.   It was great.   We found a nice calm cove, and anchored the boat,  turned on some great music, and watched the stars come out.  I don't think I have seen that many stars since the last time on was on Lake Powell.  
Beautiful.
I just took it all in and Praised God for his creations.


It's good to have FRIENDS.
Saturday we were able to go golfing with our good friend Earl.    Though I don't get to see my friends often, now that I'm in Utah,  I still try to make some moments to stay close.
We had a great time, even though by about 11:00am the heat of AZ chased me off the course.
Phoenix area is just too damn HOT!
After golfing we went and met Mom for some lunch at "On the Border".   It was really good.


2 comments:

Pedaling said...

luckeeee!!! We didn't make it to Lake Powell this year. sad face.

sweet older sister said...

How nice for you to see your grandkids, children and freinds! We do need to grab moments as they are available and spend time with those we love. Watching stars come out is something we love to do! The simple pleasures of creation are the best!