Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Annual M.I.S.S. Conference

 As many of know, I am a Member of the 
MOTHERS OF INCARCERATED SONS SOCIETY.
I have been a member now for 5 years.  It's hard to believe that I have been traveling this difficult
journey with David, and family members, along with this group of Mothers and Sons.
M.I.S.S. has been a wonderful support system of understanding and loving mothers.
No one knows this kind of intense, indescribable pain, of losing a son to the penal system except another mother suffering.  This group is mainly a online support group for moms and dads all over the country, who come together to comfort, share, and support one another in a non-judgmental, understanding way.  This year I help organize our First Annual Conference.
It was great to meet many of my 'Sister Moms'.
Our speakers were encouraging and uplifting.
We will continue to petition our legislators and those in control to
STOP this inhuman treatment of the mentally ill, and the over use
of SOLITARY CONFINEMENT.
I
We also stand with FAMM, Families Against Mandatory Minimum Sentencing and Prison Reform issues.

Ways that you can help.
Contact your legislators asking them to support the 

2 comments:

sweet older sister said...

You have been busy!

Pedaling said...

This has been a good organization and support group for you to be involved with. I think it's helped you a lot these last 5 years.
I'll bet 5 years ago you wondered if you'd make it even one year ahead....but you did and you can and you have much to offer others who think that they can't go on!
You have much to offer- you've become stronger and you have learned so much!