Friday, March 21, 2014

Arizona Trip (Part 2) March 2014

 A quick visit with Curtiss and Jen.  We went over to watch the sunset at the new 
GILBERT ARIZONA LDS TEMPLE.
Really pretty temple and I always enjoy the Arizona Sunsets. 
 Kempton loves to play this 'game' with me.  He sticks his tongue in and out while I'm trying to take his picture.  I have to take 'Burst" Shots on my camera to capture him.  (smile)
I Was able to squeeze a visit in with my Good Friend Janet and her Husband and daughter, and grandson.
We first became friends when I worked at Maricopa County Hospital, as nurses, and both our husbands worked for Salt River Project at the time.  We have remained very good friends over the years.  Last year she had a small 'mole' on her leg that turned out to be Melanoma and had to go through chemotherapy and was really sick.  She is now in remission with all good reports and feeling good.  But, NOW Her Husband just got diagnosed with stage 3 throat cancer and is in Radition and Chemotherapy.  We just never know what this life and trials are going to dish out to us.  We went and ate at "The Mining Camp Restaurant" at the base of the Superstition Mountains.  I remember going there often when our relatives would come out and visit from back east.  They serve dinner family style, with metal plates and cups down long tables like Miners.  I always looked forward to the ICE COLD MILK SERVED from a metal Pitcher, into metal cups. 
 Had to grab a little Mexican Food.  We went to 'On the Border'.  
 Got to watch my little Monkeys swing around on bars.
 Went to a new park over at Riverview park and where the new 'Chicago Cubs' spring training facility is.
 SPIDERMAN showed me his skills.
 Here's a little 'zip line' for the kids.
And, good ol' Mr. Beals willing to pick me up at midnight from the airport.

3 comments:

sweet older sister said...

Very kind of Pat to pick you up. Looks like you enjoyed your family! They are all such good looking kids.

Nice to see old friends. Won't it be nice when the scripture at Isaiah 34:24 is fulfilled?

How would you answer the question: Why do people get sick and die?

Pedaling said...

Looks like all good people.
It's always nice to go home for a bit.
You have many blessings- just like you always say.

Pedaling said...

Looks like all good people.
It's always nice to go home for a bit.
You have many blessings- just like you always say.