Tuesday, June 29, 2010

poem Invictus by William Ernest Henley 1875

invictus- latin meaning,- unconquerable, undefeated.
William Ernest Henley the 19th century poet wrote this poem in 1875.   He had tuberculosis of the bone and was very ill in the hospital when he wrote it.  I had never read it before.  It's interesting to me how poems and songs can be interpreted differently.  There is not just one meaning.  We interpret things we read, or hear, or see, or even smell, differently from each other I think depending on our own experiences in our life's.
How each of our minds 'process' things is very interesting to me.

What if your whole life as you know it stopped abruptly?  What if you had no one to take care of .  No job to go to.   No food to prepare for yourself.  No laundry to do. No where to go.
Just You, yourself, and your mind.  I think we would all have time to become different people. To see things differently.
Nelson Mandela is a very interesting person to me. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from latest news update.

my web blog slimquicks

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd
like to send you an e-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

My web blog :: vigrx pills